Integrative Pathobiology Research Symposium
Thursday, February 17, 2022
1:00 - 4:30 pm
Virtual Event - Contact Erin Kent for Zoom Link
Keynote speaker: Comparative Pathology Alumna, Denise Imai-Leonard, DVM-Ph.D.
Dr. Imai-Leonard is a clinician-scientist, and the Director of the Comparative Pathology Laboratory, Davis, CA. As a Health Sciences Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology in the School of Veterinary Medicine, Dr. Imai-Leonard leads the Comparative Pathology Laboratory (CPL). The CPL is a high-throughput laboratory animal diagnostic facility that provides pathology support to investigators whose research involves animals. Though the predominant work that she does is as a study pathologist, she maintains an independent research focus in geropathology and specific expertise in non-mammalian laboratory animal pathology, phenotyping of animal models and disease outbreak investigation in research animal populations.
Keynote Presentation Title: "Jane-of-all-trades: On becoming a Collaborative scientist"
1:00 - 2:30 pm: Student Research Presentations
- Dr. Callum Donnelly (PI: Dr. Carrie Finno): "Machine Learning Selection of Biomarkers for Diagnosis of Equine Spinal Ataxia"
- Pablo Juarez (PI: Dr. Verónica Martinez-Cerdeño): "Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Based Treatment in a Valproic Acid Rat Model of Autism"
- David Yang (PIs: Dr. Ching-Hsien Chen and Dr. Reen Wu): "Fibrogenic MARCKS/AXL Complex Activated by Tobacco Smoke Promotes Macrophage Reprogramming and Pulmonary Fibrosis"
- Dr. Pedro Bernardino (PI: Dr. Pam Lein): "Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-evidence of blood-brain barrier (BBB) disruption in a rat model of organophosphate intoxication"
- Dr. Samah Abdelrazek (PI: Dr. Richard Connon): "Every pathogen counts: Transcriptional response to co-infection in juvenile fall-run Chinook Salmon"
2:30 - 2:45 pm: Break
2:45 - 3:30 pm: Faculty Lightning Talks
- Dr. Jogender Tushir-Singh, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine
- "Coming Soon!"
- Dr. Danika Bannasch, Department of Population Health and Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine
- "Jumping Genes in Dogs"
- Dr. Glenn Yiu, Eye Center, School of Medicine
- "Yiu Lab - Translational Retinal Research Laboratory"
3:30 - 4:30 pm: Keynote Speaker, Comparative Pathology Alumna
- Dr. Denise Imai-Leonard, Director of the Comparative Pathology Lab, Davis, CA.
- "Coming Soon!"
Virtual Student Posters - Available on demand (February 17th - February 24th)
- Dr. Erin Ball (PI: Dr. Lark Coffey)
- Veneese Brown (PI: Dr. Laura Van Winkle)
- Dr. Isabel Casanova (PI: Dr. Sara Thomasy)
- Ning Chin (PI: Dr. Dennis Hartigan-O'Connor)
- Dr. Sarah Cook (PI: Dr. Brian Murphy)
- Jenn Cossaboon (PI: Dr. Swee Teh)
- Daniel Kong (PI: Dr. Xinbin Chen)
- Erin Hisey (PI: Dr. Brian Leonard)
- Kyra Laubach (PI: Dr. Xinbin Chen)
- Dustin Leale (PI: Dr. Dominik Haudenschild)
- Dr. Veronica Lopez Cervantes (PI: Dr. Amir Kol)
- Pavel Morales (PI: Dr. Jeroen Saeij)
- Dr. Arturo Oliver Guimera (PI: Dr. Kevin Keel)
- Dr. Malvina Tsamouri (PI: Dr. Paramita Ghosh)
- Dr. Priya Upadhyay (PI: Dr. Kent Pinkerton)
Contact email@example.com if you are interested in attending the virtual event.