Skip to main content
- Complete the UC Davis online application
- Includes Admissions Essays: 1) Statement of Purpose and 2) Personal History and Diversity Statement
- Academic records for every college-level institution you have attended or are currently attending (including community college, transfer coursework, study abroad, summer session, etc.). You may upload your transcripts in the Academic History section of the application or after submitting your application using your Application Status Page. It is very important that you follow the instructions found here. Documents which are uploaded incorrectly will prevent your application from being reviewed.
- Current and former UC Davis students must also upload a UC Davis transcript. You can find your transcript online at SISWeb or MyUCDavis (please do not use OASIS transcripts).
- Three letters of recommendation - Instructions are provided with the online application. All letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically by the referee. The online application will automatically notify the referee and provide instructions on how to submit the letter.
- Frequently asked questions/answers regarding letters of recommendation may be found here.
- Resume or CV
- Application fee - A graduate application fee is required for all applicants. It is $120 (U.S. applicants) or $140 (international applicants). The application fee is not refundable and must be paid before the application can be reviewed. Instructions for payment will appear when you submit your online application.
- Graduate Studies will waive payment of the application fee for domestic applicants who have participated in certain academic preparation programs (e.g., McNair Scholars, UC LEADS, UC-HBCU Initiative, etc.). A complete list of these programs can be found on the Graduate Studies website. If the applicant qualifies for one of these waivers, the fee will be waived when they submit their application. If the applicant does not qualify, payment of the fee is required before the application can be processed.
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores - English language testing is required for all applicants whose native language and primary language of instruction is not English. UC Davis accepts TOEFL (iBT), IELTS, and Duolingo English Test. For more information about these tests, please go to the English Language Examination Requirements.